The applicant / teacher must provide

  • at least one document from Category 1
  • either one or two documents from Category 2
  • the combination of documents supplied should, as a minimum, equal a total of 100 points.
Category 1Points scored
Birth Certificate / Birth extract70
Australian Passport (current, or expired within the previous two years, but not cancelled)70
Australian Citizenship Certificate70
International Passport (current, or expired within the previous two years, but not cancelled)70
Other document of identity having same characteristics as a passport e.g. diplomatic/refugee (Photo or Signature)70
Category 2 
Current Licence or Permit (Government Issued) – i.e. driver’s licence40
Aviation Security Identification Card / Maritime Security Identification Card40
Public Employee Photo ID Card (Government Issued)40
Department of Veterans’ Affairs Card40
Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card40
Current Tertiary Education Institution Photo ID40
Reference from a VIT registered teacher (must have known the Applicant for a period of at least 12 months)40
Foreign / International Drivers Licence25
Proof of Age Card (Government Issued)25
Medicare Card / Private Health Care Card25
Council Rates Notice25
Property Lease / Rental Agreement25
Property Insurance Papers25
Australian Tax Office Assessment25
Superannuation Statement25
Seniors Card25
Electoral Roll Registration25
Motor Vehicle Registration or Insurance Documents25
Professional or Trade Association Card25
Utility Bills (e.g. telephone, gas, electricity, water)*25
Credit / Debit Card*25
Bank Statement / Passbook*25
*Note: If relied upon, these documents must be from different organisations

Change of Name

If the applicant has changed their name, or been known by another name, they must provide a linking document between the current name and the former name. 

Examples of linking documents

  • marriage certificate
  • divorce papers
  • name change certificate issued by a State or Territory Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
  • Deed Poll
  • Statutory Declaration (when none of the above documents are available).

These documents must be certified true copies and DO NOT count towards the 100 Points.