Each year VIT delivers seminars to provide you with information that will assist you to move from provisional to full registration including:
- the requirements of gaining full registration
- the evidence-based process using the Inquiry approach
- how to access resources for completing evidence of professional practice.
How to register for a seminar
The 2017 seminars have concluded. Please check back later for 2018 details.
- Checklist for evidence of professional practice PDF, 344.77 KB
- Completing the application PDF, 340.33 KB
- Evidence of professional practice template DOCX, 111.71 KB
- A short guide for referencing the standards PDF, 594.13 KB
- Standards Inquiry matrix PDF, 373.14 KB
- Resources for APST 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 2.4 & 4.1 PDF, 361.68 KB
Examples of evidence
- Secondary school PDF, 6093.88 KB
- Primary school PDF, 497.79 KB
- Early childhood PDF, 361.92 KB
- Senior secondary PDF, 10392.66 KB
In a series of short videos, we break down the process of moving from PRT to (full) registration for you.
You can also watch a teacher with over 30 years’ experience, answer frequently asked questions.
If you are an early childhood teacher
Six Illustrations of Practice have been created that offer examples of how you might apply the evidence-based inquiry approach in a kindergarten setting. The Illustrations are a great tool for early childhood teachers and have been produced by a collaboration between VIT and the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL).