If you are employed or engaged in the role of an early childhood teacher (ECT) in a Victorian education and care service or children’s service, you will need to be registered.

Once you have registered with us, your name will appear on the register of teachers.

If you are an educator or staff member employed in an education and care service or children's service, and don’t hold an approved early childhood teaching qualification, you won't be required to register with us.

Read our guide on how to register as an ECT.

Qualification requirements for registration 

To be registered as an ECT, you must hold a qualification approved or recognised by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).

Registering as a new graduate

Read our guide on how to register as an ECT.

Learn more about ECT registration

Our monthly circular will keep you updated with information about ECT registration.

If you would like to subscribe to our circular, you can complete and submit a subscription form.

We will send the circular directly to your personal email account. 

If you are unable to find the information you need about ECT registration on our web pages, we have a phone line dedicated to ECT registration enquiries.

Call 1300 977 263 and speak to one of our highly trained customer service officers.