Published 08 Sep 2020
The finalists for the 2020 Australian Education Awards have been announced
The Australian Education Awards defines excellence in the K-12 education sector by celebrating the outstanding achievements of the country’s top performing schools, principals, department heads and teachers.
Congratulations to the 2020 Victorian finalists, we wish them good luck in their respective categories.
The winners and excellence awards will be announced at a live virtual event on 26 November 2020. The format of the event will be a virtual conference featuring a series of panels throughout the day, followed by the award announcements from 5pm-6pm. Click here for the full list of finalists.
Teacher of the year - Primary School
- Demi Lu, Toorak College
- Michelle Richardson, The Knox School
Teacher of the year - Secondary School
- Kate Brown, Toorak College
School Principal of the Year - Non-government
- Karen Jebb, Genazzano FCJ College
- Kerrie Nelson, Giant Steps Australia
- Kristy Kendall, Toorak College
Department Head of the Year
- Adam Nahal, Australian International Academy Melbourne
- Bryn Humberstone, Brighton Grammar School
Education Rising Star of the Year
- Melissa Allen, Haileybury