Published 30 Jun 2022
"Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up!" for NAIDOC Week 2022
NAIDOC Week celebrations are held this year from 3 - 10 July to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
NAIDOC is celebrated not only in Indigenous communities, but by Australians from all walks of life. The week is a great opportunity to participate in a range of school activities, engage your learners and to support your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
This year's theme, Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up!, encourages everyone to get behind the momentum for change and take action.
The winner of the 2022 National NAIDOC Poster, ‘Stronger’ was designed by Gudanji/Wakaja artist Ryhia Dank.
“I created this piece after reading this year’s National NAIDOC Week theme – Get Up! Stand Up! Show Up! I knew straight away I wanted to do a graphic piece centred around our flags with text highlighting what we have been through and are still fighting for” said Ryhia. “I feel that this piece being black and white allows us to focus on the details and messages in the artwork.”
- the NAIDOC teaching ideas relate directly to supporting teachers in addressing The Australian Curriculum: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture cross-curriculum priority; with provision of content that can be used across multiple learning areas and stages/grades from Foundational Studies to Year 12
- teacher resources by SBS, structured around the 2022 theme
- NAIDOC week logo and banners
- NAIDOC week poster
- search for NAIDOC Week Events near you
- find ideas on how to celebrate NAIDOC Week and share your event
- the 2022 National NAIDOC Awards Ceremony will be held on Saturday 2 July 2021 in Melbourne, Victoria. The ceremony recognises the outstanding contributions that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people make to improve the lives of people in their communities and beyond.