Do you have a question?

As this is the peak period for our contact centre, here are five of the most frequently asked questions during this time.

Frequently asked questions

Application status

How do I check my application status?

Log in to MyVIT and follow the prompts.

I’ve forgotten MyVIT password                                    

If you have forgotten your password, visit MyVIT and follow the prompts.


Do you need to renew?

If you need to renew, you can log in to your MyVIT account and complete the online form. 

What if I can't meet the renewal requirements?

If you are unable to meet the renewal requirements:

To successfully renew your registration, you will need to: 

  • Update your Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC) if it is due to expire in the next renewal period.
  • Make declarations:
    • about your continuing suitability to be a teacher
    • that you have practised for at least 20 days as a teacher or an educational leader, or undertaken equivalent practice
    • that you have completed at least 20 hours of professional development activity that references the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
  • Pay the annual registration fee and any other required fees. 

If you are unable to meet at least 20 days teaching in the past 12 months, you will be provided with the option to declare you have undertaken either:

  • 40 days in the previous two years 
  • 60 days in the previous three years
  • 80 days in the previous four years
  • 100 days in the previous five years. 

show renewal requirements can apply to become non-practising. When you complete your renewal of registration application online in MyVIT, we ask you to make declarations about your continuing suitability to teach and your professional practice.

If you indicate that you cannot meet the requirement for days teaching and/or hours of professional development activities, you will be given the option to apply for non-practising registration.

Simply follow the instructions and submit your application online.

Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC)

When you’re required to update your NCCHC, there are two steps to complete:

  1. Complete the consent form in your MyVIT account
  2. Provide certified copies of your proof of identity documents and the signed consent form to the VIT.
  • Read more about the NCCHC

Fees and payments

  1. How do I pay?
    • Pay your fees online by logging in to MyVIT
  2. How much are the fees?
  3. When am I meant to pay by?
    • Your MyVIT account will tell you how much to pay and when this is due.

Cessation of registration

If you no longer wish to teach and would like to cease your registration, complete the Cessation of registration form.

Please note that once your registration has ceased, you will no longer be allowed to teach in a Victorian school.

Do you have a different question?