Your invoice is coming

07 AUGUST 2017

What do I do if I haven't completed my annual tasks?

You will need to complete these tasks by 31 December.  

If you did not pay your annual registration fee by 30 September, you will be charged a late processing fee

Cessation of registration

If you are registered as a teacher and / or an early childhood teacher, and no longer wish to teach in one or both divisions, complete the Cessation of registration formPlease note that once your registration has ceased, you will no longer be allowed to teach in Victoria.

Keep your details current

To ensure you receive all correspondence from VIT, it's important that you keep your details current through your MyVIT account. 

Under section 2.6.26AB, teachers must notify VIT in writing of the name of any school at which the teacher is employed within 30 days of commencing or ceasing their employment.

Once all requirements for the renewal of registration have been met, your new 2018 registration card may take up to 15 business days to be received.

Frequently asked questions


If you need to renew, you can log in to your MyVIT account and complete the online form. 

What if I can't meet the renewal requirements?

If you are unable to meet the renewal requirements, you can apply to become non-practising. 

When you complete your renewal of registration application, you're asked to make declarations about your continuing suitability to teach and your professional practice.

If you indicate that you cannot meet the requirement for days teaching and / or hours of professional development activities, you will be given the option to apply for non-practising registration.

National Police History Check (NPHC)

If you’re required to update your NPHC, you’ll be pleased to know the process has changed and you no longer have to provide correctly certified hard copy proof of identity documents.

Unless you’ve changed your name recently, you’ll be able to complete the process online in a few clicks when you complete your registration tasks, without needing to supply any documents.

Watch video for more information.

Read more about the NPHC.

How do I pay?

Pay your fees online by logging in to MyVIT

How much are the fees?

Check out the schedule of fees for the current fee amounts.

When am I meant to pay by?

Your MyVIT account will tell you how much to pay and when this is due.

Do you have a different question?

Email us a question