23 MAY 2018
The Department of Education and Training (DET) is calling for nominations for this year’s Victorian Education Excellence Awards (VEEA).
Celebrating excellence in education, the prestigious VEEAs are the leading awards for school professionals working in Victoria.
The VEEAs aim to recognise the outstanding work done by inspirational teachers, principals and education support staff that improve Victorian government schools and support students.
There are nine individual and team award categories to nominate within, plus one winner will be chosen for the overall award, The Lindsay Thompson Award for Excellence in Education.
- Outstanding Primary Teacher Award
- Outstanding Primary Principal Award
- Outstanding Secondary Teacher Award
- Outstanding Secondary Principal Award
- Outstanding Business Manager Award
- Outstanding Koorie Education Award
- Outstanding Inclusive Education Award
- Outstanding School Advancement Award
- Outstanding Education Support Team
- The Lindsay Thompson Award for Excellence in Education.
School staff working in primary, secondary, P-12 and specialist schools, including teachers, principals, business managers, support teams and Koorie education professionals, are eligible to make a nomination.
Nominations for the 2018 awards are open until Sunday 24 June and can be submitted at veea.awardsplatform.com
For further information on the Victorian Education Excellence Awards and to check outlast year’s winners visit www.education.vic.gov.au/veea