10 APRIL 2019
The Department of Education and Training (DET) is calling for nominations for this year’s Victorian Early Years Awards.
Celebrating exceptional contributions in the early childhood sector, the Victorian Early Years Awards aims to recognise early childhood teachers (ECT), services and organisations who are leading the way in improving outcomes for children and families.
There are seven award categories to nominate within including:
- Improving access and participation in early learning
- Supporting parents through evidence-based practice
- Creating collaborative community partnerships
- Promoting children’s health and wellbeing
- Continuity of early learning
- Early childhood teacher of the year
- The Emeritus Professor Collette Tayler Excellence in Educational Leadership Award
Award winners are set to receive between $10,000 and $15,000 as a means to further develop their work or undertake professional development.
Nominations close Friday 24 May 2019 with the awards ceremony taking place on Tuesday 22 October at the National Gallery of Victoria.
Early childhood professionals from all over Victoria are welcome to share in the celebrations. Contact the Victorian Early Years Awards Team, even if you are not applying for an award.
For further information on the Victorian Early Years Awards or to submit your nomination visit the DET website.