10 NOVEMBER 2019
At VIT we know that many CRTs (casual relief, emergency, relieving and relief teachers) feel the need for more support and recognition of their specific needs. That’s why we’ve created VIT CRT Support.
In partnership with the Department of Education and Training (DET) and the Teacher Learning Network (TLN), VIT CRT Support aims to provide resources and information specifically tailored to your professional learning and registration needs, such as presentations through agencies and CRT networks, webinars, answers to your FAQs and any other targeted assistance we can offer.
To make VIT CRT Support as effective as possible, we’re asking you to complete a survey about your professional learning needs. This information will help us better support CRTs in meeting and maintaining registration requirements. The results will be treated with the strictest of confidence and any data that we provide to stakeholders or publish in reports will remove any reference to individuals.
We need to know more about your needs. Please help us by completing this survey by Friday 6 December 2019.
In 2017 and 2018 VIT conducted a similar survey, and in response to CRT’s feedback, we have developed a range of resources to support CRTs including
- delivering PRT CRT webinars;
- publishing the CRT companion guide for CRT PRTs;
- publishing the CRT evidence guide;
- establishing the CRT mailing list;
- creating a CRT webpage;
- publishing CRT specific articles in the Professional Practice newsletter and on VIT’s website; and
- presenting on VIT registration, Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and VIT’s Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics to CRTs through crtpd.com, AEU / IEU CRT conferences, CRT networks and CRT agencies.
You can see the results of the 2017 and 218 CRT survey here.