6 FEBRUARY 2020
At VIT, we know that many casual relief, emergency, relieving and relief teachers (CRTs) feel the need for more support and recognition of their specific needs. That’s why we’ve created VIT CRT Support.
In partnership with the Department of Education and Training (DET) and the Teacher Learning Network (TLN), VIT CRT Support aims to provide resources and information specifically tailored to CRTs professional learning and registration needs, such as presentations through agencies and CRT networks, webinars, answers to FAQs and any other targeted assistance we can offer.
To make VIT CRT Support as effective as possible, VIT surveyed over 3,000 CRTs in November last year.
VIT CRT Support will continue to use the results of the survey to inform the development of resources and information specifically tailored to support CRTs to understand and maintain registration requirements.
The CRT surveys have been conducted for the last three years and have informed the development of a range of resources to support CRTs including:
* delivering PRT CRT webinars;
* publishing the CRT companion guide PDF, 8140.63 KB for CRT PRTs
* publishing the CRT evidence guide PDF, 3462.97 KB
* establishing the CRT mailing list and quarterly circulars
* creating a CRT webpage
* publishing CRT specific articles on VIT’s website; and
* presenting on VIT registration, Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and VIT’s Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics to CRTs through crtpd.com, AEU/IEU CRT conferences, CRT networks and CRT agencies.
An infographic summary of the 2019 data can be found here.