22 June 2020
The Victorian Early Years Awards (VEYA) celebrates leadership, outstanding achievement, exceptional dedication and innovation in improving outcomes for children aged birth to eight years and their families.
In these challenging times, it is more important than ever to recognise and celebrate the great work happening every day in the early childhood sector.
The seven award categories focus on improving engagement in learning, supporting parents, building collaborative community partnerships, improving health and wellbeing, exemplary practice in early childhood education, leadership and significant service improvement.
Awards for services
- Improving access and participation in early learning
- Supporting parents to build their capacity and confidence
- Creating collaborative community partnerships
- Promoting children’s health and wellbeing
- Continuity of early learning
- The Emeritus Professor Collette Tayler excellence in educational leadership award
Awards for Individuals
- Early childhood teacher of the year
The finalists and winners in each category are also eligible to win the prestigious Minister’s Award, selected by the Minister for Education.
This year, you can nominate yourself or someone you know in any category. Winners of each category will receive a grant of up to $15,000 to support their nominated initiative or professional development and be recognised as the best in Victoria for their category.
The awards are open to organisations, services and early childhood educators delivering projects, programs and initiatives that are improving outcomes for young children and their families. Eligible organisations may include (but are not limited to):
- early childhood education and care services and Early Years Management organisations
- primary schools
- local government services (e.g. family services, maternal and child health services)
- Best Start partnerships
- parenting services
- Aboriginal health organisations or cooperatives
- community service organisations and community health organisations.
All applications for the 2020 VEYA need to be made via the nomination platform.
Click here for more information on the award categories and an information pack.
- Applications close: 11.59pm Monday 6 July 2020
- Awards ceremony: Wednesday 25 November 2020