2 MARCH 2020
For over 15 years, the Victorian Education Excellence Awards has been recognising inspirational principals, teachers and education support staff working in Victorian government schools, showing our community what makes Victorian public education great.
In 2020 there are 14 categories including 11 School and Student Outcome Awards and three new Specialist awards, two new awards which celebrate the work of teaching teams that have delivered outstanding provision for high-ability students in primary and secondary school.
Winners of each of the following categories will be awarded professional development grants up to $25,000 to continue in their endeavour for education excellence.
School and Student Outcome Awards
- Outstanding Primary Teacher
- Outstanding Secondary Teacher
- Outstanding Primary Principal
- Outstanding Secondary Principal
- Outstanding Business Manager
- Outstanding Koori Education
- Outstanding Inclusive Education
- Outstanding School Improvement (previously Outstanding School Advancement)
- Outstanding Education Support Team
- Outstanding Provision for High-Ability Students - primary and secondary
- Lindsay Thompson Award for Excellence in Education
- Dr Lawrie Shears Excellence in Global Teaching and Learning Award
- Excellence in Physical Education and Activity Award - Primary Teacher
- Excellence in Physical Education and Activity Award - Secondary Teacher
For further assistance please contact the VEEA team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications open – Monday 2 March 2020
Applications close – Monday 8 June 2020
Judging process commences – Monday 15 June 2020
Shortlisted Finalists contacted – week commencing Monday 13 July 2020
Award presentation – Friday 23 October 2020*
(*Shortlisted finalists must be available to attend)