Published 18 Feb 2020
Nominations are now open for the 2020 Australian Education Awards
A nationwide call for nominations for the 2020 Australian Education Awards has commenced.
The awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of Australia's top performing schools, principals, department heads and teachers.
Any individual or school operating in the Australian K-12 education sector is eligible to submit a nomination, either on their own behalf or for another individual or school.
Nominations should focus on achievements and results from the previous 12 months in the following categories:
- Australian School of the Year
- Australian Principal of the Year
- Primary School of the Year – Government
- Primary School of the Year – Non-government
- Secondary School of the Year – Government
- Secondary School of the Year – Non-Government
- Boarding School of the Year
- Regional School of the Year
- Special Education School of the Year
- Best School Strategic Plan
- Best Student Wellbeing Program
- Best Professional Learning Program
- Primary School Principal of the Year – Government
- Primary School Principal of the Year – Non-government
- Principal of the Year – Government
- Principal of the Year – Non-government
- Department Head of the Year
- Teacher of the Year - Primary School
- Teacher of the Year - Secondary School
- Education Rising Star of the Year
- Best Co-Curricular Program
- Best STEM Program
- Best Use of Technology
- Innovation in Curriculum Design
- Innovation in Learning Environment Design
All nominations must be submitted via the official Australian Education Awards online portal and close on Friday 20 March 2020.
The winners of the Australian Education Awards 2020 will be announced at the official gala event and awards ceremony on Friday 14 August 2020.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .