Published 23 Mar 2021
The Victorian Education Excellence Awards
This year the Victorian Education Excellence Awards (VEEA) celebrate their twentieth anniversary. The VEEA recognise the inspirational teachers, principals, business managers and education support staff who improve schools and support children and young people to develop the skills and learning outcomes they need to succeed in life.
- Outstanding primary principal
- Outstanding Primary Teacher
- Outstanding Secondary Teacher
- Outstanding Physical Education and Activity Teacher
- Outstanding Business Manager
In 2021 two new award categories are being introduced to recognise excellent teachers in the first five years of their teaching career:
- Outstanding Early Career Primary Teacher, and
- Outstanding Early Career Secondary Teacher.
The winning teachers will each be awarded a professional learning grant of $20,000.
- Outstanding School Improvement
- Outstanding Education Support
- Outstanding Inclusive Education
- Outstanding Koorie Education
- Outstanding Provision for High-Ability Students - Primary
- Outstanding Provision for High-Ability Students - Secondary
- Dr Lawrie Shears Outstanding Global Teaching and Learning Award
Overall Award for Most Outstanding Contribution to Victorian Government School Education
- Lindsay Thompson Award for Excellence in Education - awarded to the winner of an Individual or Team Award judged to be most outstanding in its contribution to Victorian government school education
Celebrate your own success, or the success of your colleagues, and nominate for an awardThis is an external link.
Winners of each category will be awarded professional development grants up to $25,000 to continue in their endeavour for education excellence.
You can learn about the 2020 award winnersThis is an external link and their inspirational journeys on the VEEA website.
Nominations close Monday 7 June 2021.
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.