The employer portal is a secure online facility enabling Victorian school principals, early childhood managers and their authorised delegates to:
- confirm the current registration status of teachers’ employed at their school / service
- seek the current registration status of a teacher they may wish to employ
- have edit-access for searching, adding or removing teachers to maintain their ‘All Teachers’ list
- access and complete a recommendation for (full) registration assigned to their setting by a provisionally registered teacher
- make an application for a permission to teach (PTT) role
- view any correspondence from us
As a principal / early childhood manager, you may wish to give access and authorisation to your delegates to use the portal (e.g. assistant / deputy principal, HR manager, business manager).
Delegates must seek their login details directly from you (the principal / acting principal) not from us.
A user guide to the Employer Portal
As a principal, manager or administrator, making sure your staff are registered to teach can be a time consuming process. Find out how your employer portal can help you.
To view a transcript of the video, email us.
Accessing the Employer Portal
The new employer portal is now available to Principals and EC Managers.
To set up your account in the new portal, you will first need to reset your password. Ensure you use the official school principal / EC manager email address which is registered with VIT.
Once you've successfully set a new password, login to the employer portal with your username (email address) and new password.
You may find that some, or all of your teachers are already appearing in the system, as we’ve pre-populated the data for any teachers where we know their location. If you notice any of your teachers are missing, you should add them. To add teachers to your employer portal, use the 'search for teachers' function, enter a teacher's details and click the ‘add’ button to link them to your school.
Checking a teacher's registration status
A registered teacher doesn't need to be in possession of their registration card to prove they are registered to teach.
You can check whether a teacher is currently registered to teach and what type of registration they hold by:
- accessing the register of teachers
- viewing your ‘All Teachers’ list within the employer portal (for teachers linked to your education setting)
- asking to see the teacher's current VIT registration card (valid to the expiry date indicated on the card).