We are sustaining organisational development and performance through improving staff engagement, decision-making transparency and cross-organisation communication.
What's the impact?
An engaged, motivated, and collaborative workforce will create public value, drive VIT’s success and enable us to effectively and efficiently perform our functions.
What have we done?
- In February 2018, VIT undertook a workplace wellbeing assessment with an external provider to identify perceived issues relating to the work environment which may present a risk to staff wellbeing.
- VIT has strengthened staff engagement through:
- Implementing ‘engine rooms’ as a forum for staff from different business units to collaborate on resolving specific issues facing the organisation.
- Establishing peer-facilitated workshops to provide staff with the opportunity to give feedback on how to optimise the organisation’s workplace culture.
- Participating in the 2018 People Matters survey, results of which were published to staff on 30 August 2018.
- VIT will continue to strengthen staff engagement and encourage cross-organisation collaboration.