Skip to main content

Registration card production stops during July and August due to the start of the new registration year.

Are you ready to teach in 2024?

The following information includes everything you need to know about your teacher registration or current application status for 2024.

Registering as a new graduate

If you have recently graduated, you will need to register with us before you can teach at any Victorian school or be employed as a registered early childhood teacher in Victoria. Find more information on registering as a graduate, including timelines for end-of-year graduates.

If you have already lodged an application for registration as a graduate, please check your email inbox for any requests for outstanding documentation.

If you have a pending teaching position, please confirm your start date via your application through your MyVIT account by

  1. logging in to your MyVIT account
  2. selecting ‘View applications and upload documents’
  3. clicking the arrow on the far right of the application entry
  4. selecting ‘Update teaching position details’. 
Icon Important Info

You cannot undertake the duties of a teacher or early childhood teacher – even under supervision – unless your registration has been approved by VIT.

Registration applications

If you have lodged an application for registration, including mutual recognition or Permission to teach (PTT), or a further grant of provisional registration, VIT will contact you via your nominated email address if we require further information.


Applications for a further grant of provisional registration are assessed in the order of expiry, not receipt. If any further information is needed, VIT will email you near your approval expiry date (as listed on the register of teachers).

Registration renewal

If your registration has been suspended and you have been removed from the register (because you did not complete your annual registration tasks and make payment by 31 December 2023), you can apply to revoke the suspension through your MyVIT account.

If your registration has expired and you have been removed from the register, you can reapply for registration via your MyVIT account.

Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check

As part of an application for registration, VIT must run a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC) which takes up to 20 business days to return. Find more information on NCCHCs.

Was this webpage helpful?
Why not?