The VIT has a range of resources available to employers.
Register of registered teachers (the register)
Confirm a teacher's registration status via the Register of teachers.
The Employer portal allows schools and early childhood services to maintain and monitor their ‘all teachers’ lists, recommend provisionally registered teachers for (full) registration and apply for permission to teach (PTT) grants.
Guides, forms and templates
Employers can find a range of resources to assist them below.
- Provisional to (full) registration: The workplace recommendation panel
- Supporting Provisionally registered teachers: A guide to the (full) registration process
- Provisionally registered casual relief teachers and teachers in non-school settings: A companion guide to gaining (full) registration
- Guide to applying for Permission to Teach (PTT)
Keep up with the latest news
The VIT distributes a range of regular stakeholder communications, including
- Professional Practice e-newsletter (issued to all registered teachers)
- Principal Circular (issued to all schools)
- Early Childhood Circular (issued to all early childhood services)
- CRT Circular (issued to teachers who have identified as CRTs)
- PRT Circular (issued to all PRTs)
- ITE Circular (issued to Victorian ITE providers and passed on to ITE students).
The latest edition of these communications can be found on the Circulars and newsletters page.
Last updated: 12 Jul 2021