The VIT has a range of resources available to teachers and early childhood teachers.
How to use your MyVIT account
MyVIT is an online portal for all teachers registered to teach in Victoria.
How to update my contact, employment and other details
Under legislation, teachers are required to notify VIT within 30 days about any changes to their contact or employment details. This includes
- the name of any school or early childhood service where they are employed
- any changes to their contact details, and
- any change of name, accompanied by official evidence of name change (such as a marriage certificate or deed poll - visit the Proof of identity page for a list of accepted documentation).
These changes can be made via the ‘My details’ tile in the teacher’s MyVIT account.
Teachers must also notify VIT within 30 days if they have been committed for trial, found guilty or convinced of
- a Category A offence
- a Category B offence
- an indictable offence, or
- an unlawful assault or aggravated assault.
Visit the Teacher conduct and suitability page to teach page to find out more.
How to record professional learning activities
MyPD is an online tool for teachers to record their professional learning activities.
It is not compulsory for teachers to use MyPD for their own records. However, if they are randomly selected for auditing purposes or are returning from non-practising registration, teachers will be asked to use this tool to record their PD and its relevance to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST).
Teachers can access MyPD via their MyVIT account by selecting the ‘MyPD’ tile. They can enter a new activity by selecting the ‘Add PD’ button and entering following details about each activity
- date of activity
- description of the activity
- a reflection about their learning from the activity, using the following questions as a guide
- What have you learnt from this PD activity that you can use to develop your teaching knowledge and/or practice?
- What impact has the new knowledge had on student learning outcomes?
- How have/will you apply your learning from this professional development to your teaching practice?
- duration, and
- select the relevant APST which the activity relates to.
Teachers will also have opportunity to attach any certificates, notes or other related documentation to the activity before saving the activity.
Please note that these attachments are not currently retrievable and are only for the purpose of providing evidence for audits or returning from non-practising requirements.
Guides, forms and templates
Teachers moving from provisional to (full) registration can also find a number of resources on the Moving to (full) registration page.
- How to register as a teacher
- Verification of Identity form
- Trusted referees form
- Statutory declaration form
- Application for Waiver of Fees form
- LANTITE resources
- Guide to applying for Permission to Teach (PTT)
Guides for CRTs
Keep up with the latest news
The VIT distributes a range of regular stakeholder communications, including
- Professional Practice e-newsletter (issued to all registered teachers)
- Principal Circular (issued to all schools)
- Early Childhood Circular (issued to all early childhood services)
- CRT Circular (issued to teachers who have identified as CRTs)
- PRT Circular (issued to all PRTs)
- ITE Circular (issued to Victorian ITE providers and passed on to ITE students).
The latest edition of these communications can be found on the Circulars and newsletters page.
Please note that teachers are automatically subscribed to the Professional Practice e-newsletter upon gaining registration. The VIT regularly issues communications on important matters that may affect teacher registration. It is the responsibility of all registered teachers and their employers to read communications and ensure they are up to date with any potential changes to legislation or their registration. Registered teachers and their employers are, therefore, unable to unsubscribe from email communications from VIT.
Last updated: 19 Jul 2021