We’re here to help.
Help with teacher registration, education and more
The VIT has a range of helpful information and resources across our website that address most queries including
- registration requirements and how to register
- what you need to do in order to renew and maintain your registration
- how employers can support their teachers
- teacher education and professional learning resources
- teacher conduct and suitability; and
- information for providers about course accreditation.
You can also find answers to our most frequently asked questions on our FAQs page.
Registration Helper tool
Need help finding what you're looking for? Use our handy Registration Helper tool to quickly and easily find information about
- what registration category you may be eligible to apply for
- how to maintain or change your current registration
- how to apply for a new registration
Click the button below to get started.
Help with teacher employment
Please note that VIT is unable to assist teachers or their employers with employment matters. For more information about employment matters or finding a teaching job in Victoria, please visit one of the following pages.
How to contact VIT
The best way to contact VIT is via our contact form. This form will put you in touch with the best team to assist you with your query so they can contact you back as soon as possible. Click the link below to use our contact form.
Before you make contact, you should check out our FAQs page. This information is updated regularly and is the best place to start your query.
Visit or write to us
The VIT offices are located at Level 9, 628 Bourke Street in Melbourne's CBD. Reception hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5pm.
Please note that reception is currently closed due to COVID 19 restrictions.
You can write to VIT at the following address
Victorian Institute of Teaching
PO Box 531
Collins Street West VIC 8007
Alternatively, you can contact us via our telephone helplines (Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm).
- General enquiries - 1300 888 067
- Principal enquiries - 1300 650 375
- Early childhood enquiries - 1300 977 263