As part of managing our disciplinary function, we may decide to refer a registered teacher to a panel. We also maintain a register which lists disciplinary action we have taken against teachers.
The Register of Disciplinary Action (RoDA) is a register which lists disciplinary action taken against teachers by the Institute (and formerly by the Registered Schools Board).
We are required by law to maintain the RoDA and make it available for inspection by the public.
Disciplinary action includes
- cautioning of a teacher
- reprimanding of a teacher
- imposition of conditions on a teacher’s registration
- suspension of a teacher’s registration
- cancellation of a teacher’s registration
- disqualification of a teacher applying for registration for a period of time.
- Register of Disciplinary Action (RoDA) (PDF, 812.22 KB)
View and read our past disciplinary decisions.