We use the Australian accreditation standards to accredit initial teacher education programs and are responsible for coordinating the accreditation of:
- new initial teacher education programs that lead to teacher registration
- existing initial teacher education programs that lead to teacher registration.
Accredited initial teacher education programs
Read a list of current providers for accredited initial teacher education programs. Learn about our requirements for graduate entry programs, programs available for those already qualified and how to upgrade your qualification from three-year to four-year status.
Standards for accreditation of programs
Learn more about the standards we use for accreditation of programs, access the list of Accreditation Committee members, and find out about our professional experience requirements.
Initial Teacher Education Provider Circular
The 2020 ITE Provider Circulars
- ITE Circular: Graduate induction and employment - November 2020
- ITE Circular: Applying for teacher registration during COVID-19 restrictions - April 2020
- ITE Circular: Introduction to VIT - 18 March 2020
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to the mailing list.