Strategic Planning and Policy Manager
The Executive and Governance branch are looking for a on-going- full tome opportunity Strategic Planning and Policy Manager to join their team. The Executive and Governance branch is responsible for the overall operations of VIT and more specifically, for the provision of secretariat support for Council; governance; policy; strategic planning and reporting against the Ministerial Statement of Expectation.
The Strategic Planning and Policy Manager role offers an outstanding career opportunity for a professional who is passionate about using their expertise and leadership to support VIT with the regulation of Victorian teachers.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Victorian Institute of Teaching's annual strategic planning process and to develop and manage the VIT's policy framework using a risk-based and quality management approach. With expert policy knowledge and practice, the role will make a substantial contribution to the strategic and policy agenda of the VIT.
As an experienced Strategic Planning and Policy Manager, you will have sound and practical knowledge of current project management, stakeholder engagement and current policy and regulatory practice.
You will have experience working with boards, stakeholders and regulators. You will have a strong passion for education, child welfare and safety. You will have strong interpersonal skills combined with a highly organised approach and a proven track record in policy development and implementation.
In addition to this, as the successful candidate, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders to inform policy development and strategic planning.
- Demonstrate the Victorian public sector values, behaving in a principled and respectful manner at all times.
- Be resilient and flexible
- Self-motivating with a strong attention to detail.
You may also have the following specialist expertise in:
- Eduation, policy and have legal qualifications
- Knowledge of regulatory policy and the application of professional standards within a risk-based regulatory environment
About the role
The role will require you to:
- provide expert level policy and strategic planning advice
- manage, monitor and report on strategic plans
- develop corporate plans
- develop frameworks, processes and regulatory policy in a changing regulatory environment, including reviews of priorities, policy and legislation administered by VIT.
For more information read the position description.
How to apply
Please include your resume, cover letter and application addressing the following key selection criteria:
- The demonstrated capability to present clear advice on complex and strategic planning and policy and legislative matters
- Expert level experience in developing and managing organisation-wide policy frameworks and processes to support an effective regulatory policy environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to ensure relevant information can be clearly understood by a diverse range of stakeholders. The capacity to effectively present ideas to small and large groups of stakeholders and change style or approach as needed, underpinned by great listening and collaborative skills.
- The demonstrated capability to present clear advice on complex and strategic planning and policy and legislative matters.
- Extensive experience in senior strategic planning or equivalent roles.
- Excellent project management expertise that incorporates an inclusive approach and the capability to educate and influence. Expert knowledge is backed up by a finesse in building and articulating a logical case for change.
For more information and a complete position discription
Applications close at midnight on Friday 21 August 2020.