What are my current reporting obligations as a principal of a school or manager of an early childhood service?
Employers of registered teachers must continue to notify VIT of the following information:
- any action taken against the registered teacher in response to the following allegations;
- serious incompetence;
- serious misconduct;
- unfitness to be a teacher; or
- the teacher’s ability to practice as a teacher is seriously detrimentally affected or likely to be seriously detrimentally affected because of an impairment.
- any other action that may be relevant to the teacher’s fitness to teach.
From 1 September 2019, employers of registered teachers must also notify VIT if the registered teacher:
- is currently charged with, or has been convicted or found guilty of a category A offence or category B offence; or
- has been given a negative notice.