VIT is working in partnership with the Department of Education and Training and the Teacher Learning Network to support casual relief, relieving and emergency teachers (CRTs) by providing
- resources and information specifically tailored to your professional learning and registration needs
- presentations through agencies and CRT networks
- answers to your FAQs
- targeted assistance.
There is not a separate registration category for CRTs, as VIT is bound by the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic) which determines the different categories of registration. VIT registers all teachers regardless of their employment status.
At VIT, we know that many CRTs feel the need for more support and recognition of their specific needs. That’s why we’ve created VIT CRT Support.
VIT’s CRT mailing list keeps CRTs updated with information specific to their needs, including
- upcoming free or low cost PD
- undertaking the provisional to (full) registration process
- understanding how registration renewal requirements apply to CRTs
- tips and tricks for CRTs
- how the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers apply to CRTs
- relevant DET initiatives
- information on education priorities.
If you would like to join the CRT mailing list, please register here.