04 APRIL 2018
The Department of Education and Training (DET) is calling for nominations for this year’s Victorian Early Years Awards.
Celebrating exceptional contributions in the early childhood sector, the Victorian Early Years Awards aims to recognise early childhood teachers (ECT), services and organisations who are leading the way in improving outcomes for children and families.
There are six award categories to nominate within including
- Improving Access and Participation in Early Learning Award
- Supporting Parents to Build Their Capacity and Confidence Award
- Creating Collaborative Community Partnerships Award
- Promoting Children’s Health and Wellbeing Award
- Early Childhood teacher of the Year Award
- The Emeritus Professor Collette Tayler Excellence in Educational Leadership Award
Award winners are set to receive a range of prizes including the opportunity to undertake professional development that focuses on and extends an area of their teaching or service as an early years organisation.
Nominations close Friday 11 May 2018.
The 2018 awards ceremony will be held on Tuesday 23 October at the National Gallery of Victoria.
For further information on the Victorian Early Years Awards or to submit your nomination visit http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/awards/Pages/eyawards.aspx?Redirect=1