Published 08 Jun 2023
National Education Summit 2023
The annual National Education Summit is set to take place later this month, bringing education professionals from across the country to Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
You can join principals, school leaders and educators to experience innovative conferences, workshops and interactive seminars delivered by experts from across the sector.
Catch VIT’s own Senior Professional Practice Officer, Matt Woodley, on Day Two as he explores Diversity and Inclusion – How these are represented in the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. Find out more about VIT’s Professional Practice team, which consists of members with recent experience working in the sector, and is responsible for bridging the gap between the profession and its regulator.
Over the course of the Summit, leading academics will present across a range of key topics including
• Diverse learners symposium
• Well-being for future focused schools
• Capacity building school libraries
• STEM across the curriculum
• Literacy masterclass
• Berry Street education model curriculum and classroom strategies
You’ll also have the chance to discover the latest programs, products, technology, resources and services from over 100 exhibitors!
Educators attending the National Education Summit can earn self-identified professional development hours, addressing the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
• 2.1 – Content and teaching strategies of the teaching area
• 3.3 – Using teaching strategies
• 3.4 – Select and use resources
• 4.1 – Support student participation
• 6.2 – Engage in professional learning and improve practice
• 6.3 – Engage with colleagues and improve practice
• 7.4 – Engage with professional teaching networks and broader communities