To verify your identity for the first time, you will need to provide us with copies of appropriate proof of identity documents.
- one commencement of identity document to confirm your birth or arrival in Australia
- one primary document to show the use of your identity in the community
- two secondary documents to show the use of your identity in the community
- a completed verification of identity form (downloaded as part of your application).
Please note, if VIT has previously verified your identity, your document requirements may differ. This will be specified within your application form.
At least one of your ID documents contains a photo of you; and that at least one of your ID documents contain your full name and date of birth.
Please note, VIT does not accept Working With Children Checks or bank / credit cards as forms of identification.
Change of name - if you have ever been known by another name then you must provide a linking document between your current name and former name(s).
Documents to show evidence of a name change are
- a marriage certificate (church or celebrant-issued certificates are not accepted)
- divorce order
- name change certificate issued by a State or Territory Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Deed poll
- Statutory declaration (when none of the above documents is available).