Applying for registration as a provisional teacher is a two-step process.
Step one involves completing the online application. Here, you will provide us with some initial information about yourself and how you qualify to become a teacher:
- Create a MyVIT account.
- Start an online application.
- Tell us about you and your qualifications.
- Make a credit-card payment.
- Read our email that outlines what else you need to do.
Step two involves sending us documents that will support what you told us with your online application.The documents include:
- The completed and signed form that we emailed to you.
- Proof of your identity.
- Your qualifications.
- Anything else that we may need.
If your application is approved, we will post a registration card to your address, which should arrive within three weeks of the approval date.
If you have previous teaching experience
You may be eligible for (full) registration on initial application if:
- you have taught in an Australian or New Zealand school for at least 80 days in the previous five years or since 1 October 2015 if you are an early childhood teacher; and
- you can provide us with evidence stating you have achieved the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the proficient level.