Templates and checklists
- Evidence of professional practice checklist PDF, 386.53 KB
- Evidence of professional practice template PDF, 1157.43 KB
- Evidence of professional practice template DOCX, 95.05 KB
- APST evidence checklist PDF, 556.56 KB
- Action plan template PDF, 516.85 KB
- Action plan template DOCX, 80.45 KB
- Koorie English Teacher Guide Package
- Working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander learners PDF, 306.72 KB
- Working with learners with special needs PDF, 244.45 KB
- SMART inquiry question tool PDF, 547.26 KB
- Standards Inquiry matrix PDF, 373.14 KB
- Australian professional standards for teachers (APST) PDF, 382.48 KB
- Mindmap action plan example PDF, 2256.5 KB
- Table action plan example PDF, 352.95 KB
Examples of evidence
Please note, after 30 June 2018, all applications for (full) registration will need to include evidence of competence in relation to Child safety and wellbeing (Part 2C) and Maintaining appropriate professional relationships (Part 4B). The below examples will not include evidence of these new requirements.
- Early childhood (Behaviour management) PDF, 557.52 KB
- Early childhood (Healthy Foods) PDF, 3509.27 KB
- Early childhood (Understanding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, cultures and languages) PDF, 9082.31 KB
- Primary school (English) PDF, 674.21 KB
- Primary School (Mathematics) PDF, 5275.17 KB
- Secondary school (ESL) PDF, 6093.88 KB
- Secondary school (English) PDF, 10385.33 KB
- Secondary school (English) PDF, 5358.23 KB
- Senior secondary (Environmental Science)PDF, 10392.66 KB
- Senior Secondary (Music) PDF, 2569.82 KB
- Non-school setting (Hospital, Multi-grade learning) PDF, 23295.25 KB
- Non-school setting (Outdoor Education) PDF, 4395.81 KB
- How to move to (full) registration
In this series of videos, we look at what you need to present to the workplace recommendation panel so they can recommend you for (full) registration.
- How to apply for (full) registration
This video tells you everything you need to know about applying for (full) registration through your MyVIT account.
- The Inquiry Process: Presenting to a panel
Kindergarten teacher Jessica Ciuciu presents evidence gathered during her inquiry process (and elsewhere) that demonstrates she has met the APST.
- The Inquiry Process: Tips for early childhood teachers
If you're a provisionally registered early childhood teacher, about to begin the Inquiry process to move to (full) registration, watch this video on how to make things easier.
- Tips for ECT mentors, PRTs and panel members
Early childhood teacher mentor Priscilla Boissezon offers advice for mentors and PRTs.